Certification in Investment Banking
The Certification in Investment Banking course aims to give the enrollees a peek into the fascinating world of Investment Banking, Fund Raising, Private Equity, M&A and Markets. If you are someone who aspires to build a career there, this course is for you. Investment Banking is one of the core coveted roles in Finance, and this course prepares you for this exact role.
Course Features: The course has been co-authored by Vishal Lunker (Vishal Lunker is an investment professional at a sovereign wealth fund. Previously he worked with Goldman Sachs in Investment Banking in India. He is an MBA from IIM Calcutta and has a B.Tech in Civil Engineering from IIT Bombay. He enjoys watching football and is a fan of Arsenal) and Peeyush Chitlangia, CFA (IIM Calcutta 2004 batch alumnus, Founder FinShiksha).
The course is in pre-production now, and videos are getting added. The overall content of the course would be completely available by 20th July.
Over about 10 hours of video content, it covers the following content.
- Roles, Players in IB, What Investment Banks do
- Early Stage Investment – VC & Private Equity – Process of Evaluation
- Evaluating Industries in Early Stage Investing, Pitch Deck, Information Memorandum
- Exit Strategies and Evaluation, Term Sheet Understanding
- Debt Market, Securitization and Debt Syndication
- IPO and Underwriting Process; DRHP Analysis
- M&A – Motivations and Analysis
- Various Deal Types – Cash, Equity Swap, Mergers, Spin Off, Carve Outs, Reverse Mergers
- Leveraged Buyouts and Evaluation
- Synergy Valuation
- Markets Functions – Trading, Hedge Fund within IB, Risk Management in Trading
A detailed outline of the content can be found here.
- Lectures 17
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 8
- Assessments Yes
- Objective of the Course
- Introduction to Investment Banking
- Categories of Investment Banks
- Where are Investment Banks Needed?
- Stages of funding – Lifecycle of a company
- Investing Banking for Equities – Types of Investors
- Investment Banking for Equities – What does the I-Bank do?
- Investment Banking for Equities – Lifecycle of investment funds
- Investment Banking for Equities – Pitch Book
- Investment Banking for Equities – Information Memorandum
- Investment Banking for Equities – What are investors looking at?
- Investment Banking for Equities – Industry Analysis
- Investment Banking for Equities – Initial Public Offerings
- Investment Banking for Equities – IPO Prospectus
- Investment Banking for Equities – Role of IBanks in IPOs
- Investment Banking for Equities – IPO Case Study
- Investment Banking for M&A – Motivations for M&A