2 Days Workshop. 2.5 Hrs sessions each Day.
- How to build a framework that helps you identify a low risk setup for buying stocks?
- How to identify sectoral opportunities in stock markets?
- How to build a checklist that helps you avoid the common investment mistakes?
- What are some of the themes / opportunities in the next decade
- Sectors discussed : Steel, Airline, Banking, Consumer Durables, Chemicals
- Practical workshop using Excel Exercises
Who should Enrol here?
If you are someone who has started your journey of investing in stocks recently, or is planning to start this, the last 15 months could give you a very different perspective about how long term investing works. Depending on what levels you invested at, it would appear that stock investing is either too easy, or too tough. For an investor to survive in the stock market in the long run, and to generate above normal returns, a framework is necessary. We will help you build that framework in this workshop, and try and understand the risk reward around stocks using live examples from various sectors
Remember, if you get into some good companies at incorrect valuations, it could be trouble, whereas if you manage your risk well for even some of the risky businesses, you could make great returns. It is eventually about having a template that helps you achieve these objectives.
We help you analyze companies from the perspective of risk and reward.
Day 1 - Saturday 8th May (from 4 PM to 6:30 PM)
4pm to 4:30pm - Economics
4:30pm to 5:30pm - Ratio Analysis on Steel (solved but an understanding of those), Understanding critical parameters
5:30pm to 6:30pm - Leverage using Airline, Unit Economics
Day 2 - Sunday 9th May (from 10 AM to 12:30 PM)
10am to 11:15am - Banking Sector Understanding, How to differentiate good banks from bad banks
11:15am to 12:30pm - Valuation Exercise (concise) and understand Industry nuances from that Chemicals
The purpose of this workshop is to educate participants about how to research on companies. No companies or stocks discussed here should be taken as a recommendation to buy or sell any securities. We are an education entity, and we do not give investment advice.
Materials For Participants
- Excel files will be shared
- An Excel template for evaluating companies will be shared
- Workshop recording will be provided for a period of 3 months
About the Speaker
Have worked in the financial services industry for around 8 years now, and main areas of work have been Sector Research, Risk Management, Financial Modelling and Wealth Management.
Involved in the developoing content as a part of training in various Organizations like Kotak Securities, Motilal Oswal, Nippon Mutual Fund(erstwhile Reliance Mutual Fund), JPMC, Crisil.