In this Webinar, the speaker has discussed the following.
- Understanding the Retail Sector and entire value chain
- Discussion with respect to Categories, Revenue Drivers, Capex, Working Capital
- Crucial Metrics for small players VMart and other unlisted players and comparison with bigger players
- Assess the impact on various business parameters due to the Covid-19 pandemic
- Model inputs and valuation, Funding / Investment methods
Current Market of India's Retail Industry is close to USD 1 Trillion (75 Lakh Crore). However, most of the Retail happens through the unorganised channel. Within this segment, some players have realized the potential of Organized Value Retail in Tier 2 and Tier 3 towns. Some of the prominent names include VMart, V2 Retail, 1-India Family Mart etc.
At one end we have bigger players like Shoppers Stop who have a strong presence in High-end Retail, and have a strong presence in Tier 1 Cities primarily, on the other end we have niche players focused on Value Retail Format. This particular session will focus on the latter - and how PE/VC funds look at this segment. What are key parameters they evaluate while looking at the sector and companies.
Materials For Participants
- Video access for 3 Months
- Excel (Solved and Unsolved)
About the Speaker
Private Equity professional with a demonstrated history of working in the investment management and investment banking industry. Skilled in investments, valuations, private equity and leadership. Graduated from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and cleared level III of CFA program.