This course aims to cover some of the key fundamental concepts of finance, with respect to capital markets and banking industry. It aims to give a practical exposure to students about some of these essential building blocks of finance. The main reason why someone should pursue this course is to cover most of the important concepts related to finance before the students get into their summer placement process.
Certification in Applied FSA aims to equip analysts with the knowledge to try and answer the question “Why” when they spot a ratio. The idea is to not just calculate a number, but try and see why the number looks like what it does. This aims to take analysts beyond the realm of what is talk in conventional Financial Statement Analysis.
What Will You Learn
- Understanding of Capital Markets and Various Players
- How does the Banking System Function
- Key Financial Concepts such as Capital Budgeting and Corporate Finance
- Detailed Annual Report Analysis of companies
- How Ratios stack up in different sectors
- Analyzing Quality of Financial Statements
- You will understand some key concepts of Corporate Finance
- You will be able to analyze Ratios and Annual Reports of Companies
- Prepare for your interviews with a holistic understanding of financial services
- The live projects and certifications can both be mentioned in resume
- No Major understanding around finance needed
This Course Includes
About the Instructor
Peeyush Chitlangia is the founder of FinShiksha. An Alumnus of IIM Calcutta & MNIT Jaipur, Peeyush has been in the financial services industry for the last 14 years & has extensive exposure to Equity Research & Financial Modeling. With more than 50,000 man hours of teaching experience, he has trained nearly 15000 participants across organizations.
The course will have an online assessment. The final Certification will be an open Online test, which would be untimed, and open book. We would try and keep the assessment as close to a real life situation as possible, where you will have all the tools that you would have in real life at your disposal.
In addition, the course also has an optional live project. This will help you apply the concepts learnt into a real world example. You will be asked to build a valuation model for an Indian firm from scratch.