Where can I get Macroeconomic data around India? This is a question that troubles a lot of us. So we thought of listing down some of these sources.
Following are some of the best sources for Macroeconomic Data on India. In a separate post we will share details about where can we find Global Macroeconomic data.
- RBI Website – rbi.org.in – Central Bank websites usually give a lot of data. This is true for most major economies. RBI also publishes data along with many publications as well. Two resources here –
– Database on Indian Economy – https://dbie.rbi.org.in
– RBI Publications – https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/Publications.aspx . Within the publications, RBI releases a Monthly Bulletin. This is a good source of quick information on the Economic Environment.
- Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation – We get the GDP, IIP, CPI etc releases on this website – http://mospi.nic.in. The document listed here are useful in understanding how these numbers are collated and reported.
- Department of Economic Affairs – This website releases a Monthly Economic Report – https://dea.gov.in/monthly-economic-report-table. This is another good resource for a quick understanding of macro data around India.
- India Budget Details – https://www.indiabudget.gov.in/ . All details about the Union Budget are available here. This gives reports on the governments earnings and expenditure profile.
- Finance Ministry Website – https://finmin.nic.in – This website lists general data around the economy.
In addition – you also get good macro update from the Fact Sheets of a lot of Mutual Funds, and this is also released on a monthly basis.
If you think this is useful, do not forget to share this post with your friends!
***** FinShiksha Learning Championship – Coming soon – Details here ******
Other Trending Post in this Series – Can India make 2020-2030 a golden decade for the economy?
To stay updated about all of our posts on Businesses and Finance Careers – register and create a free account on our website. You will also get access to a free Finance Bootcamp course once you register.
About the Author
Peeyush Chitlangia is the founder of FinShiksha. An Alumnus of IIM Calcutta & MNIT Jaipur, Peeyush has been in the financial services industry for the last 14 years & has extensive exposure to Equity Research & Financial Modeling. With more than 50,000 man hours of teaching experience, he has trained nearly 15000 participants across organizations.
Register and get regular updates of new Blogs and access to Free Courses