Strengthen your CV with Industry Recognised Certification
Internship / Placement Opportunities with Renowned Firms
Hands on Experience through
Gateway to the most coveted Jobs in Finance
A National Level Competition for B-School students, the FinShiksha Learning Championship aims to find participants who can show their skills on financial analysis by applying their learning in real life projects. Starts every year in July and August with Cash Prizes of Rs. 3,50,000 and Internship and PPI Opportunities in Coveted Roles like Equity Research, Investment Banking and Credit Analysis. Students from the top 100 colleges are competing for the prizes!
Why Should You Enroll
Internship & career opportunities
15 Prizes worth Rs 350,000
Mentorship around careers in Finance
Live Project with FinShiksha and Industry Partners
Year Long access to self paced content
Interview Preparation and Resume Guidance
Courses available at discounted rates in the competion
Preparation for other competitions in campus
Companies may evaluate or interview candidates based on their recruitment policy. For details please refer the section on corporate partners below.
FinShiksha Learning Championship
- o3 Capital comes on board as our 12th Corporate Partner. o3 is a full service Investment Bank focused on mid market segment. We now have opportunities across Investment Banking, Equity Research, Private Equity, Credit Rating and FinTech.
- Allegro Capital Advisors comes on board as our 11th Corporate Partner. Allegro is a full service Investment Bank focused on mid market transactions
- Siguler Guff comes on board as a Corporate Partner for the FinShiksha Learning Championship. Siguler Guff is a multi-strategy private equity investment firm which together with its affiliates, has over $13 billion of assets under management.
- Siguler Guff will select and award suitable candidates from the winners list of this Championship with live projects
- 5 days for the launch of Season 4 of FinShiksha Learning Championship
Last year students from 65+ colleges participated. This includes the likes of all IIMs, IITs, NITs, IIFT, XLRI, MDI, NMIMS, SIBM, XIMB, GIM, IITs, FORE, BIM, IFMR etc. (list is not exhaustive and not in any order)
Opportunities were given to students in the role of Investment Banking, Equity Research (Buy Side/Sell Side), Asset Research, and Strategic Advisory.
Companies like Motilal Oswal, PPFAS Mutual Fund, Zanskaar Advisors, India Ratings & Research, Carpedium Capital interviewed our candidates.
- o3 Capital will evaluate the winning candidates from FinShiksha Learning Championship in both years, and interview any shortlisted candidates post the evaluation for an internship / finals for their Asset management / Investment Banking division, subject to their recruitment policies.
- Allegro Capital Advisors will evaluate the top candidates from the 2nd year courses in FinShiksha Learning Championship 2019 , and give a PPI (Pre Placement Interview) to selected candidates for a final placement opportunity in their Investment Banking and Private Banking divisions, subject to their recruitment policies.
- Motilal Oswal will interview the top 5 winning candidates in each course (2nd year) for a role in the prestigious MT Spark (Management Trainee Program) – subject to their recruitment policies
- India Ratings will interview the winning candidates in FinShiksha Learning Championship 2019 (top 3 in each course) from 2nd year for a final placement role. This is only an interview opportunity, and the final recruitment decision stands with India Ratings, and may be subject to their recruitment policies
- PPFAS will interview the top 3 winning candidates in each course (1st year) for an internship in their research team – subject to their recruitment policies
- Siguler Guff will evaluate suitable candidates from the winners list of this Championship with live projects
- Carpediem Capital will evaluate winning candidates from 1st year for an internship, and all top candidates for live projects – subject to their recruitment policies
- Groww will evaluate the top 3 winning candidates from FinShiksha Learning Championship in each course for an internship / finals for their Research division, subject to their recruitment policies
- Zanskar advisors will evaluate the top candidates for a live project – subject to their recruitment policies
- Mitraz Financial will evaluate the winning candidates (top 3 from each course in 1st year) from FinShiksha Learning Championship for an internship / live project with their Research division, subject to their recruitment policies
- ePayLater will evaluate the winning candidates from 1st year in the FinShiksha Learning Championship, for an internship at the firm – subject to their recruitment policies
- SaralStocks (Affingo Technologies) will evaluate the top candidates for a live project – subject to their recruitment policies
Winning candidates are defined as top 3 in each course. Some firms may choose to also evaluate candidates beyond the top 3.
Prizes worth Rs 3,50,000 to be won. For each course, there is a total prize money of Rs 70,000.
In addition, following benefits are available to the students.
Everyone who enrols
- Learns finance the way the industry expects you to know
- Gets a live project with FinShiksha, helping you apply the concepts
- Gets a boost in the preparation of some of the other competitions held by Investment Banks and Equity Research Firms across the year
- Gets resume guidance
- Gets interview preparation guidance, so as to make you well prepared for companies in your campus
- Gets access to video content for a period of 2 year
- FinShiksha will share names of candidates who finish the certification with companies in our network, so just in case they are visiting your campus, they may know about this.
In addition to all that the enrollees get the following
- Get access to some of the internship / live project / final placement evaluation opportunities
- Get cash prizes
- Get a mock interview with FinShiksha, around your summer internship or final placement interviews
Frequently Asked Questions
- What benefits do we get when we enroll for this competition
One of the key benefits is the application of what you learn in the courses in real life situations. If you would like to build a career in finance, and want a deep practical understanding of the subject, but are not sure where to start, this is a good starting point. In addition to the Certification process, and the benefits of learning the course, you also get help in a guided live project, and a mock interview and career counselling session with FinShiksha. Of course there are cash prizes too!
- Are FinShiksha courses better than other courses?
Well, our answer would be biased 🙂 However, what we can say is that there are two definite salient features in our courses. Firstly, the application of the learning to a real life scenario using a guided live project. Secondly, one of the key differentiating factors at FinShiksha is that we assume that participants come from differing backgrounds and have different expectations from courses. So while the standard content remains the same, we try and give some exercises/additional videos to participants that help them with weaker areas. So there is a degree of hand-holding even in a self paced online program. And most importantly, the best part about our programs is the final online test. Its open book, and untimed. You can use all resources available to you. By doing this, we are making this as close to real life as possible. Do not know a concept – use a book, use internet, ask a friend, but in doing all this, ensure that you learn a new concept, even as you are attempting the final test. In all, we can vouch for a unique learning experience!
- Can I enroll for more than one course?
Yes, of course. There is no limit to learning. However, should you really do well in both those, and get Certified in both those, you still get a chance to win a prize in both courses. More of your learning increases, so your chances should improve for sure.
- Can I take part in the competition without enrolling for a course?
Well, we are sorry but that cannot happen. Ideally, we are looking at someone who want to learn the analysis part and apply it in the project. The Learning is the primary reason, and the competition itself is a by-product of the learning. Hence it is primarily for those who would want to learn and apply. If you already know the stuff, no real reason for you to prove it.
- Is this a team event or individual event?
This is an individual event. But students from same college do collaborate while analyzing a company during live project. This enhances learning as one students is exposed to multiple sector and the team can use the same analysis in college projects or other outside competitions as well. Just to give you a perspective, last year students who pursued some of our courses and completed the Live project won competitions like HOLT Valuation Challenge, HSBC Investment Banking Challenge, Finalist in MOSL QGLP Challenge, CFA Research Challenge.
- Can you participate in competition via other listed courses?
No. Because the companies which will recruit from us will require the skillset of Analysis and Modelling. Hence curated courses are part of Championship. That doesn’t stop you from learning other topics. You could choose any topic, pursue it and we will provide the same support as we will provide to championship participants.
- Will this course be good in terms of exposure?
Again, we are going to have a biased answer. Just to cut short here, you could go through some of our blogs and YouTube channel videos. If you think the above two things did add any value then course will definitely add value.
General Programs Related Terms and Conditions
- The program registration is non transferable
- The program registration is non refundable
- Any technology issues have to be brought to our notice within the first 2 days of registration for the courses. Beyond that, any queries will only be entertained on a best effort basis
- The program content is a copyright of FinShiksha. Any unauthorized sharing or using of the content without prior permission from FinShiksha makes the perpetrator liable for legal action
- We do not provide any jobs. FinShiksha is a pure play education firm. Neither do we claim any help with recruitments, nor is that an aim
Competition Specific Terms and Conditions
- Result will be final once published by FinShiksha. The decision of FinShiksha would be final with respect to the results, both in the Certification process and the Project
- Content of Program can’t be published elsewhere . Any such reproduction of content would be an infringement of copyrights of FinShiksha, and is liable for legal action.
- Only MBA Students can take part in the competition. One year PGDM/MBA Students are allowed to take part
- Participants who have taken our course this year starting from April 2019 would be eligible to take part.
- Participants who have enrolled for our courses last year can also take part. They have to write the test and submit the project again though
- Participants who have won the contest last year cannot compete for the prize this year in the same year cate
- Final test would be online, exam would be open book and needs to be completed in the suggested period.
- Participant would be allowed to take exam only once during contest. For re-appearing for a certification, he/she may appear for exam post our competition.
- Participant can enrol for more than one program.
- At the time of enrolment, participant must submit photo ID proof with College ID.
- Test would be consists of open ended questions as well.
- For certification, student must score at least 65%.
- Final score would be a mix of test score (70%) and project score (30%)
- If two students have same marks then – his/her project score would be taken into consideration for ranking. If all scores are equal then both participants would be awarded with the same rank.
- In case of more than one participant for the same position in Top 3, the cash prize will be equally divided among them. For example, if in case there are two participants tied for first rank, then each of them will get INR 30,000 i.e. There will be no second position in that case. And cash prize of First and Second position is distributed equally.
- Payment have to be made online. Once payment is made then under no circumstances it can be reversed.
- FinShiksha reserves the right to change/cancel the date of certification, in case of any unforeseen events.
- Any disputes arising will have to handled in the Mumbai jurisdiction
Career Opportunities Related Terms and Conditions
- For any interview opportunities – before taking up the opportunity, the candidate needs to connect FinShiksha to his/her placement cell.
- Students appearing for any such opportunity need to send their college id card copy or any document stating their year of study
- The candidates would also have to send us their updated resumes
- The candidates reaching this stage would be given a date and time for the interview, and they would have to make themselves available for the same. Rescheduling the Interview is not possible.
- If the candidates get a final or internship offer from any company post the process, and they accept it, they will have to opt out of their placement process. The acceptance will have to be time bound, and the time for this is at the sole discretion of the recruiting company. This will have to be done by sending an email to their placement cell with a CC to email@example.com.
- If the candidate already has an internship offer, they will have to divulge this to FinShiksha before the PPI. Also, if they get an internship offer from another company through the competition, and they accept this, they will have to reject the earlier offer. This will have to be done by sending an email to the earlier company with a CC to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any kind of opportunities, FinShiksha does not give a guarantee of any job offers. We are solely creating an opportunity, and the final selection is completely the discretion of the company providing the interviews. FinShiksha will not intervene in the selection process.
- In the case of any kind of misrepresentation of information by the candidates, FinShiksha reserves the right to disqualify the candidate.
- Each company may follow their own process, which may include screening of resumes or written tests before the interview rounds.
- For all other opportunuties, FinShiksha is just going to forward the resumes of the top 30 candidates to the firms interested. It is solely the discretion of those firms to go ahead with any candidate in any process.
- In case of live projects and mentorships, FinShiksha will be closely working with the candidate. The candidate needs to give an undertaking that he/she would be completing the live project, without which the candidate will not get this opportunity. Kindly note that the company offering a live project to top candidates is devoting its time and effort in the process, and would expect complete commitment from the student as well. Any failure on this part would be reported to the college placement cell and administration.
- In any other points not mentioned above, FinShiksha’s decision would be final and binding on the candidate.
They are among the best content on learning concepts of finance and economics out there. In terms of delivering a practitioner-centric learning experience, probably the only content out there developed in such a manner, so as to deliver from a viewpoint of day-to-day work in the finance industry.
Thank you so much for all your timely help. Our project got successful reviews from the judges, and the metrics provided by you played a major part in that. Moreover, over the course of this project, we got to learn more and more about sector analysis strategies and stock picking strategies, which will surely help us in the future.
Looking forward to more and more learning opportunities from FinShiksha!
All nitty-gritty related modelling in excel and clarity regarding many core concepts of the valuation. Microeconomics courses only teach about the effects of macroeconomic factors on the country, while course helped to link this factors to the individual firms and how these factors will impact the business of the firm. It has increased my knowledge about valuation significantly and I expect this to help me in my future interviews.
The course content directly takes real life examples of companies and real data to explain various concepts. The course provided a platform to submit a project on analysis of ‘Reliance Industries Limited’. This project has been a brownie point for me in my summer interview as well as during PPI. The thing which I liked the most is that the content is kept to the point with relevant examples which makes learning simple and interesting.
The course and the FinShiksha Learning Championship helped me get placement in the Investment Banking domain. Furthermore, the concepts and real life examples help even today in my job. The real life examples that are shared in the course and the constant help from FinShiksha to rectify doubts related to the course makes a huge difference as either of the above is often missed in other internet courses and college.
The explanations were very clear and the model building exercise helped in the application of the concepts. I was able to answer valuation related interview questions. Example: why some industries have higher P/E ratio compared to others, What is the use of PEG ratio etc. It is difficult to find a model building exercise for valuing an Indian firm which FinShiksha provides.
Kunal Kumta, NMIMS Mumbai, 2016-2018
Had enrolled for Equity Valuation course with FinShiksha. The course content takes real life examples of companies and real data to explain various concepts. The content and structure helped in HSBC IB Competition and helped my final interview with one of the major Investment Bank.
Doing this course helped me in the selection interview for the CFA Research Challenge college team. It was a pleasure to watch the videos and they were very interesting and engaging so there was no question of any distractions. The learning in college was much more theory oriented, for example I didn’t get a rigorous experience in financial excel modelling in my college subjects. The course was much more practically oriented.